AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Code Installed On Page After Verifying Email Address?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I setup Adwords conversion tracking for 3 different actions on my site; "newsletter signup", "registered user", and "customer signup".

For "newsletter signup" and "registered user"; the user has to verify their email address first so once they click the link in their email the page that loads after will contain my Adwords tracking code. 

Will these conversions still get tracked properly in Adwords based on the cookie that is saved?

For the "customer signup"; it's a 4 -step application and on the last step is where I have my Adwords tracking code.  However, a user might not immediately fill out the 4-step application pages and might come back in a week or so. 

Will this conversion still get tracked properly in Adwords based on the cookie that is saved?

Thank you!

Re: Tracking Code Installed On Page After Verifying Email Address?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi olimits,

The simple answer is yes. A user who clicks on your ad and then later comes back to convert will still be considered a conversion and be tracked. This is all dependant on the length of your conversion window though. You need to make sure that you have set a long enough conversion window in order for it to count.

Do not just set the window to the longest period though, you need to consider that a click on your ad may not be the reason for a conversion 3 months down the line. The default is 30 days, and this is usually sufficient. Anything longer may be attributable to another form of media or advertising.

Hope this helps