AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Chat Using Google Tag Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question regarding tracking click activity on a third party chat tool we use on our websites. Is it possible to track clicks on the chat pop-up using auto-events in google tag Manager and report the event tracking in google analytics ? We use comm100 chat tool on our website. Please let me know if you need further clarification on the question. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Chat Using Google Tag Manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Azhaae,
First of all, this is possible. BUT, as this is the AdWords community, you would be better served asking on the GTM community here - https://plus.google.com/communities/104865292981489764063

Re: Tracking Chat Using Google Tag Manager

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Azhaar,

To follow with Dave, here's the specific Google Tag Manager Forum link: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/tag-manager

You can post your question here and you should expect specific answers to your query.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Azharr, you are on the right thread. It's unfortunate that your question has been unanswered since 2014. Tracking conversions is very important in AdWords and using GTM is a natural progression of this fact. 

Using GTM you can effectively track how many times AdWords users open the chat window. If the chat is made using Java (most are) you can use the button text to attribute a conversion. For example, if the button to open the chat window says "LIVE CHAT", you can track the click on the text as the conversions attribute (it works because the text lives on the site and not off in "Javaland"). I have included a screenshot of the trigger configuration below:

Click here to view the screenshot

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Joshua,

You are posting to a thread from 2014. There is no need to add info to a thread from the past.

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.