AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking CPC trends over time - sources with such metrics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering if there was any place online which provide an insight into CPC costs over time (such as month-on-month or year-on-year) for verticals in terms of Google Adwords advertising please?

Particularly interested in the finance and retail sectors.

Also, how are CPC costs looking at the current time for people compared to the same time last year please?

Thanks very much. Really appreciate any insight!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking CPC trends over time - sources with such metrics?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Azam,

As far as I know there are no such kind of sources to find the CPC trends.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Azam,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

There's is no such source available online, at least to the extent I know.

I would say, it's not practical as well. CPC cannot be uniform for every business, be it from the same industry/vertical. You must already be aware of it that it is based on many factors. 

However, I happened to read a few posts online which claims an industry average CPC, or CTR, or conversion rate. Such sources typically confine their research to certain number of businesses only (obviously, they can't have access to everyone's AdWords account), hence these metrics cannot be industry average, and thus are away from reality.

If you use AdWords Keyword Tool or Google Trends, you can analyze change in search volumes over time, but not CPC.  

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Azam,

There is no such tool which can give you the details about the change in CPC's over time.

However, apart from Google trends and Planner, I would certainly recommend you to check Google Global Market Finder.

Google Global Market Finder is a free, online application that helps you find new markets for your products or services overseas.

It helps you compare opportunities from different locations around the world using the following:

• Google Search data
  • Google Translate keyword translation
  • AdWords keyword bid and competition

These metrics allow you to compare the cost of acquiring a new customer with your product margins and help you to determine whether reaching customers in a new market is good for your business.

Here is the Link to the Global Market Finder:

http://translate.google.com/globalmarketfinder/g/index.html?locale=en

Fore more information on Google Market Finder (Global Advertiser), Please check this link:

https://support.google.com/globalmarketfinder/?hl=en#2557037

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for the replies, but you are basically saying, in a long-winded way, you don't know the answer.

Having asked people who are knowledgeable and experienced, I've found sources for granular breakdowns of CPC trends over time so it's not accurate to say that there are no sources.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Azam
Would be happy if you could share some resources on CPC.

Thanks ..

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.