AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking All Conversions including All Calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the All Conversions and All Calls. I find that these 2 numbers don't agree with each other.

In the Call Details Dimension, I saw 15 phone calls, including 1 miss call. In my setting, any phone call that lasts more than 1 second is considered a conversion. So I believe I should have 14 Call Conversions. However, Under the Conversion Name Dimension, I only find 13 Calls from Ad conversions. So I would like to know the reason why these 2 numbers don't match. 

I hope you can help me answer this question. Thank you very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking All Conversions including All Calls

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Haley,

Thanks for posting to the Community! This does seem like a strange discrepancy. Are you still seeing this difference of one between All Conversions and the calls in your Call Details report?

How many campaigns do you have running? And are the call conversion being counted through the Call Forwarding feature in your call extension, or through a Call-Only campaign number, or something else?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Cassie,

I manage around 20 accounts and each of them has several campaigns running at the time. So far I only find this incident in 1 of the accounts.

For this month I don't have enough data to say if it still occurs or not. However, the above incident happened in December, and I was able to find a similar discrepancy in November.

The call was counted through the Call Forwarding feature. I have 10 "Mobile click-to-call" calls and 5 "Manually dialed" calls.

Screenshot_1.png

And here is my conversions table

Screenshot_2.png

Do you have any ideas why it's counted that way? And suggestion to fix this situation? I really don't want to go back and manually fixing the number in my report.

Thank you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haley L
March 2016

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Haley,

Without seeing the full picture in the account itself I honestly cannot say for sure. But here's my thought process: the "Calls from Ads" conversion that is created when you use the forwarding number typically uses the "count one conversion" per person setting, whereas the majority of other conversions might say "count every conversion." So if a user uses your click-to-call number twice in the month, that would be counted as two distinct phone calls, but only one conversion. Do you think that's possible, with the type of business this account advertises for?

If you want our tech team to look into it we can do that as well. They may be able to look into the back end and see more specifics. Just let me know and I'll email you to get more details.

Cassie