AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track value of view-through conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all  

Recently I set conversion tracking.   Is there a way to track conversion value for view-through conversions?

Re: Track value of view-through conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello kaloyanns,
Yes you can track your view through conversion, Before that you should enable your view through conversion.
Click on Conversion in Tools and Analysis>> Advance Setting>>Enable your View Through Conversion.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
You can see it under the Display tab by adding the column view-through conv
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Sumanopc and Kaloynns,

Tools and Analysis>> Advance Setting>>Enable your View Through Conversion.

==>Is NOT about enabling view trough conversions.

Read the help text about iT :

Use the de-duplication setting to select how you count conversions.

Why it matters: Before some conversions occur, a person has seen an image or rich media ad on the Display Network and they've clicked on a Search ad.

How it works:

-When this setting is enabled, these conversions are counted only as Click-through conversions.

-When it's disabled, these conversions are counted as a View-through conversions and Click-through conversions.

==> this is a little strange description. It is a negative denial.
That makes it difficult to read.

But it is only about if you want the conversion counted as a click-trough conversion as well.

Or if you do not want the click-trough conversion counted.

And by choosing disabling here, you enable both

So both settings enable view trough conversions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Haha, the above 2 didn't even answer your question...

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The view-through conversion number is just an indicator of how a placement in the Display Network generates impressions that precede conversions in all your campaigns ( even search ) .

A view through conversion is incremented when a user receives an impression from that placement and the next interraction he has with your ads is a conversion , in short : he sees Ad1 from the placement1 and converts on Ad 2 from any other campaign.

You can have placements with tens of thousands of impressions per day but with very few clicks or conversions , and you might want to disable them, but think again, you need to check how many other conversions they have "influenced" , because you might see numbers like these, 1 conversion but 28 view-through, so this placement is "a keeper"  :

value-of-view-through-conversions.png

The real value of the view-through conversion is the decision power : to keep or not to keep a placement with very few "1-click conversions"

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hallo Matt M,
I gave an answer, if you read well, and I gave an extra answer, how to see the metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will try to explain my question better. If it is conversion I should get value. I've got value for conversion (many for click), but no value for view through conversion. How can I get value for view through conversion too?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kaloyanns
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think you can find out what conversions were preceded by the placements that have values for "view through conversions" in order to find out what total value they "recommended".

Look at things this way :

"1-per-click-conversion" - means how many times did you go to the supermarket

"many-per-click-conversion" - means how many purchases you made from the supermarket, how many bills

"view-through-conversions"-means how many times your empty refrigerator made you think you should go to the supermarket to fill it , it gets attributed the "influence" before the conversion happened

[Later edit] Since your refrigerator didn't exactly tell you how much to spend 100 or 500 $ , it cannot logically have a value assigned. The view-throgh-conversion is not a conversion, is an indicator that a conversion happened somewhere else.

There is no asignable monetary value to view-through-conversions in adwords, but they are always adding new features, and who knows what will be improved next.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
This is an interesting test about view through conversions and how they help a conversion :

http://czarto.com/2013/05/29/calculating-the-value-of-your-view-through-conversions/