AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track performance of google.com and google.ca for search ads ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi eveyone,

I recently activated ratings and I get nice stars and ratings with my ads served on google.com.

Unfortunately, Google.ca cannot display ratings with ads. 

I would like to know if there is a way to know how many of my customers are searching using google.com or google.ca as I would like to study the performance of each domain (.com and .ca).

I want to make sure that having ratings make senses as it involves a cost and also some organisation to collect them.

Thanks !

Julien

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track performance of google.com and google.ca for search ads ?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Julien,

Great question!

One thing you can do would be to connect your Google Analytics account to your Google AdWords account. Once that happens you would use the "Source" section.

The way you access this in your Google Analytics account is to go to Real-Time then Traffic Sources.

The only thing is that in Analytics, the source will say Google vs cost per click and you can't add a secondary source to see if it'sgoogle.ca or google.com, because you can't have two "sources", 
but you can see the country of origin of the user so you can infer which search engine they came in on.

Does anyone else in the community have another work around?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shanae,

Thats a good solution.

On second thoughts, wouldn't it be simpler if one goes ahead and creates two separate campaigns for two separate countries.

ellaiah pusa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I only target Canada. I just want to know how much traffic comes from search performed on Google.com vs google.ca.

Ratings only appear on google.com and I want to know if this make a change regarding my account performance.

Probably something to do with analytics, thanks for the hint !

I wish Google will display ratings on google.ca soon !