AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track leads of phone calls & email mentioned on landing page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am running a PPC campaign for search, i have made landing page for the product so i am able to track leads which are coming by form filling though Google conversion tracking code.

But my question is

I am unable to track the conversion which are coming thorugh Phone no & email i have mentioned on my landing page.

How can i track the conversion which are coming through calls & email if any visitor is using my phone no to call from landing page or use email id mentioned on landing page.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumit_Prasad
September 2015

Re: Track leads of phone calls & email mentioned on landing page

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumit,
To add to Ahmed's answer - if you want to track visits from desktop devices that result in calls, you'll have to approach a slightly different way.
There are a couple options for tracking calls on desktop devices -
1. (probably easiest and cheapest) - Set up a dedicated Landing Page just for your AdWords traffic. On this page use a custom phone number (such as a Google Forwarding number) and a custom email address. Make sure the number and email is specific to that page.
2. Engage a Call Tracking partner (link below). There are many of companies out there that allow for call tracking. Typically it'll require coding on your end, but basically you can dynamically update your phone number on your landing page based on the incoming traffic source. https://www.google.com/search?q=call+tracking+adwords&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS447US447&oq=call+tracking+adwo...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sumit,

In addition to what has been said above, in case you are talking about tracking the phone call details through your landing page telephone number, then you might consider looking at the vendors mentioned in this link which are available in the Google Analytics app Gallery:

http://www.google.com/analytics/apps/results?category=Phone+Call+Tracking&start=20

For email part, I am not sure about the technical part, but a smarter way could be to use a unique email address on your landing page so that users who are approaching you via that email, you will be able to get an idea of leads coming through PPC who are using that email address in specific.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

You will need to add Onclick code to your phone number, so when someone click your phone number from his phone it will record as a conversion, Check the next URL below the headline "Track conversions on mobile site with a phone number"
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Regarding your email , i don't know if you just write your email like the phone number on your site or you have a contact form? If it like the phone number i think you can use Onclick command as well.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumit,
To add to Ahmed's answer - if you want to track visits from desktop devices that result in calls, you'll have to approach a slightly different way.
There are a couple options for tracking calls on desktop devices -
1. (probably easiest and cheapest) - Set up a dedicated Landing Page just for your AdWords traffic. On this page use a custom phone number (such as a Google Forwarding number) and a custom email address. Make sure the number and email is specific to that page.
2. Engage a Call Tracking partner (link below). There are many of companies out there that allow for call tracking. Typically it'll require coding on your end, but basically you can dynamically update your phone number on your landing page based on the incoming traffic source. https://www.google.com/search?q=call+tracking+adwords&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS447US447&oq=call+tracking+adwo...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sumit,

In addition to what has been said above, in case you are talking about tracking the phone call details through your landing page telephone number, then you might consider looking at the vendors mentioned in this link which are available in the Google Analytics app Gallery:

http://www.google.com/analytics/apps/results?category=Phone+Call+Tracking&start=20

For email part, I am not sure about the technical part, but a smarter way could be to use a unique email address on your landing page so that users who are approaching you via that email, you will be able to get an idea of leads coming through PPC who are using that email address in specific.

My thoughts!

Pankaj