AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track campaigns in CMS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up an adwords camapign for our company with a destination url to a contactform that can be completed. I know that by adding a code on the thank you page and setting a goal in google analytics we can track the completed forms that came from adwords in google analytics. But in our CMS system we can also see the completed form, but how do i know which completed form in our CMS system came from the adwords campaign? People can use the checkbox in our form to indicate how they found us, but that is not always reliable. My boss wants me to count the completed forms in our CMS as wel that came form the adwords channel.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track campaigns in CMS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,
That's completely up to you how you want to do it. However, it is also up to you, your webmaster or your developer to code a solution to this.

Fortunately, it's quite easy to do from a programming perspective. The easiest way to do it would be to add a parameter to the URL and pass that with the form.

If it were me, I'd go even simpler, Ocams Razor and all that. I'd simply create a duplicate form in the CMS if I didn't have the skills to code anything. Send the AdWords traffic to the AdWords specific duplicate form. That can get messy though if you're tracking every different channel.

Hope that helps and sorry there's no built in AdWords feature to do it for you. If you want to get more detailed with the values you are passing to the form, look up valuetrack parameters for AdWords. That may be overkill for what your boss wants though.

Re: Track campaigns in CMS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave for your response