AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track calls to a phone number on a website

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

I'm trying to "Track calls to a phone number on a website".

1. In my interface I need to edit the code manually.

2. I intent to use the number on a desktop website and as a clickable number on mobile site.

My questions are (regarding https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883?hl=en):

1. I understand the code relevant for me is in example 3, however i'm a bit confused since the both the code parts in example 3 and in step 2 has a head part. How should it be used?

2. Google forwarding number no longer exists in ad call extension, isn't a hole in tracking that people on desktop won't see a tracking number? won't affect ux if the number in the ad is different from the number in the website?

Thanks in advance!

Oshri.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Oshri,

The code from the AdWords interface goes in the head section, followed by any additional head code shown in #2 or #3.

Google forwarding still exists in the call extensions, Google has just worded things differently. There are additional options you can see by clicking on the + sign when editing the call extension. A tick box is there for counting conversions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @RobSkelton,

Thanks for the response!

I did as you suggested, i'm now waiting for a couple of days to see if the number is changing.

My Call code is inside an iFrame and i'm puzzled what to do with this iPhone limitation.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Oshri,

I have installed Google call forwarding on hundreds of websites, and I have never seen a phone number within an iframe. I have a feeling it won't work but that's beyond my knowledge of coding. I suspect the use of an iframe is outside of your control, so good luck!