AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track Multiple onclick Conversions On One Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client that has two separate links on their website directing to 3rd party pages. We don't have control over the 3rd party pages, so we want to use onclick conversion tracking.

Following the instructions here I understand how we would track one link on one page. However, I need to track 2+ links on a single page, and count the conversions separately.

I've already created the conversion codes, and it looks like the conversion ID is the same, but the label is different.

Is there a way to see the conversions separately in AdWords?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track Multiple onclick Conversions On One Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

You might track onclick as Events using Event Tracking in Google Analytics and then record that event as a goal inside Analytics. Then you can import that goal into Google AdWords as well.

More details around Event Tracking can be found here:- https://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1136920

and here:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068

Pankaj

Re: Track Multiple onclick Conversions On One Page

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Daniel C,

If you want to follow the instructions on that page, create 2 sets of the code you see. Be sure to give the functions unique names. The names of the functions aren't important, the values assigned to the variables are. It' s important to assign the correct conversion_label.

Create the two functions as shown in the example. Then create 2 more and add something like _1 to the end of the function names. Be sure that goog_report_conversion_1 loads goog_snippet_vars_1();

That should work. Be sure to test before release!

Best of Luck.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Track Multiple onclick Conversions On One Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a great idea. Thanks for posting!