AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track Calls from Website - GTM Installation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have figured out how to install AdWords Website Call Tracking into the GTM.  Instructions provided by https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/adwords-call-tracking-guide-gtm/ It does appear to be working correctly.

My question is, how do I track multiple phone numbers on the website, will I need to install 3 different codes for this? Do I add the information to the same code if I don't mind all the numbers becoming the same tracking code?

<script>// <![CDATA[
(function(a,e,c,f,g,b,d){var h={ak:"967863028",cl:"KBOBCPq2llcQ9NXBzQM"};a1=a1||function(){(a1.q=a1.q||[]).push(arguments)};a[f]||(a[f]=h.ak);b=e.createElement(g);b.async=1;b.src="//www.gstatic.com/wcm/loader.js";d=e.getElementsByTagName(g)[0];d.parentNode.insertBefore(b,d);a._goog... Date,e)}})(window,document,"_googWcmImpl","_googWcmAk","script");

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    _googWcmGet('number', 'XXX-XXX-XXXX');
});
// ]]></script>

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track Calls from Website - GTM Installation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stephanie,
I got your mail asking for assistance. I'm out of the office until tonight so apologies for the delay. I see you got your issue resolved.

I'm actually not sure about multiple numbers. I know I had problems with this the first time I set this up (and the pain of having the number in the video explainer video too).

I'll reply to this with the solution we came up with when I get back. I know that might not suit you so if anyone else knows, please chime in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Okay great. It might not be working correctly after all. I really am looking forward to getting this to work.

Stephanie

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Stephanie.
Apologies for the delay getting back to you. I've been running some tests and multiple instances, as you'll be glad to know, seem to be working fine.