AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track Adwords conversions from PayPal and 2checkout

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hello, I have 2-3 ecommerce websites where I track conversions using 'thank you' page, so when user made a purchase on PayPal and 2checkout he is redirected to 'thank you' page so adwords conversion code will fire.

The problem is that some % of users are closing the page before adwords code will fire. Do you have any experience on how to see alll 100% of transactions in adwords?   

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track Adwords conversions from PayPal and 2checkout

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alexy
You'll never be able to track 100%. There will always be some who slip through the cracks. It could be from a network problem, a javascript or image loading problem or a problem where the user closes their browser before returning to your site.

There's not a lot you can do about the user not visiting your site.

One solution that we've implemented in a similar situation was to have a big red banner in the receipt email and "Important, your order is not complete" in the subject line. In the email, there's a link to the receipt page. In the email, the content says that they MUST click the link to verify their order. This means that those who don't visit the page or don't load it fully will trigger the AdWords conversion tracking code.

Another alternative is to make sure that the AdWords conversion code is triggered at the top of your page, not the bottom.

Other than that, it's just the "cost of doing business". You cannot control 100% of your users, no matter how hard you try.