AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track Adwords campaign on Play Console via UTM tagging

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,
I'd like to track user acquisition of our app but encounter some problems when trying to get the breakdown of ad campaigns on Play Console.

Based on the guide on Play Console Help, I appended utm parameters to the url of different sources directing to app store page. Some succeed but those from AdWords don't work

The Final url I use on AdWords is like this:

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=XXXXX&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle_cpi%26anid%3Dadmob

The format is generaed by the URL Bilder on  Campaign Measurement.

Anyone can suggest how to do the utm tracking for ad campaigns right? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track Adwords campaign on Play Console via UTM tagging

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Lu!

Thanks for reaching out to the AdWords Community.

At this point, it is not possible to use UTM parameters to track Universal App Campaign performance for AdWords. You can use them for other campaigns, however. If you don’t see UTM tagging working, you might have auto-tagging turned on, which would override any manual UTM tags.

Also, on your app's Acquisition reports page, you can see how users find your app's Play store listing (i.e. the source of how they ended up viewing the app) -- AdWords will be listed as an Acquisition channel here, and you can see how many unique users came through to the app listing from clicking on an AdWords ad. Note that data between AdWords and your Play Console can differ.

Hope this helps, and you can read more here. Smiley Happy 

Best, Varsha