AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Track Adwords COnversions from Assisted Email Campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All, 

I have an adwords campaign setup. 

Traffic is sent to a landing page

On the landing page i collect their email address

They are sent to a booking a page after they submit email address

If they don't book they are put on an abandoned cart email drip

When they eventually book (I've had 5 so far) the conversions are not counted back in adwords. 

This all happens within a 30 day window. 

The booking goal is tracked through google analtyics which is imported into adwords

I cannot for the life of me find a solution or even a guide or anything. 

How can i get this to track in adwords?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Is the goal working in Analytics?

In Analytics, under AdWords, do the clicks roughly match up with sessions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Rob, 

Yea, the analytics is tracking correctly. I dont have any data to compare with adwords since it's not getting reported and i didn't have any conversions for that goal before setting this up. Buti can confirm it is working in google analytics.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

So, In Analytics, in the AdWords section, I'm guessing you can see AdWords clicks, but they are not being counted as Sessions?

The most common reason would be using http in your ads, but when they visit they are redirected to https. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Rob, 

Thanks for taking the time to weigh in Smiley Happy

Unfortunately that doesn't look like the issue, i have 50 clicks and 47 sessions. This client does not have ssl so there is no redirection. 

Any other ideas? 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

In Tools > Conversions, can you definitely see the Analytics goals? If so, is the source Analytics, is it named the same as in Analytics, and what does it say in the Tracking Status column?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No they were not identical. The analytics goal is called Booking Created but the adwords is Booking Created (All Web Site Data) even though they are the same goal. 

In the tracking column it says no recent conversions but i've actually had 1 in the last 7 days. That conversion was attributed to the mailchimp campaign but those all originate from adwords.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

So, in Analytics that one conversion from the last 7 days is attributed to something other than google / ppc? If so, it won't appear in AdWords.

Only Analytics goals that are attributed to google / ppc will appear in AdWords as conversions.