AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Total Search vs. Total Display Network Costs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Total Search Cost for a day is $6.83 while the Total Display Network Cost is $197.07. What is the Display Network Cost and why is it 98% of my daily budget? Is this normal for any campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Total Search vs. Total Display Network Costs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cpv84,

This means you are opted into serving your ads on the Search Network and the Display Network.

This thread explains the differences very nicely.  If you are unhappy with the results of your Display Network, you can change your network settings at the campaign level and opt-out of the Display Network.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi cpv84

Ads on Display Networks often get more clicks and impressions than Search Networks. Your campaign are still normal if your ROI is good. I suggest you should use managed placements to control your display and cost.

-------------------------

My Google +

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Cpv84,

It is usually recommended to separate your Search and Display network campaigns into separate campaigns. You will find that visitors form the search network will respond very differently than visitors from the display network. When you run both networks within the same campaign, you do not have control of the network budgets individually--both will draw from the same budget.

I your case, I would highly recommended splitting your campaigns. This is probably even more important now that individual keywords in the DN will report impressions and clicks.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cpv84,

This means you are opted into serving your ads on the Search Network and the Display Network.

This thread explains the differences very nicely.  If you are unhappy with the results of your Display Network, you can change your network settings at the campaign level and opt-out of the Display Network.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi cpv84

Ads on Display Networks often get more clicks and impressions than Search Networks. Your campaign are still normal if your ROI is good. I suggest you should use managed placements to control your display and cost.

-------------------------

My Google +

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Cpv84,

It is usually recommended to separate your Search and Display network campaigns into separate campaigns. You will find that visitors form the search network will respond very differently than visitors from the display network. When you run both networks within the same campaign, you do not have control of the network budgets individually--both will draw from the same budget.

I your case, I would highly recommended splitting your campaigns. This is probably even more important now that individual keywords in the DN will report impressions and clicks.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords