AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Total Conversion Value (Adwords Revenue) Overstated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our eCommerce site uses the Total Conversion Value metric to gauage our ROI with Adwords. We only use this metric with dynamic values meaning the order value (Revenue) on our website should be the same value reported as the TCV for a Converted Click from Adwords, or at least that is how we set it up. Adwords seems to report this correctly most of the time but I have noticed a few larger orders which have been counted twice thus overstating the TCV. Has this happened to any other eCommerce sites which only this metric to track AdWords Revenue? If so, are there any solutions? It just makes it difficult to get a genuine ROI or use other metrics like Conversion Value / Cost accurately when this happens.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan N
September 2015

Re: Total Conversion Value (Adwords Revenue) Overstated

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Yes this actually happens to many reasons. If you are not using unique conversions there is a possibility to record one value in two different scenarios. I think using unique conversions should fix this issue.

Also do you have cross domain bookings and multiple currency tracking? If yes this could happen to that reason also.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan N
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Yes this actually happens to many reasons. If you are not using unique conversions there is a possibility to record one value in two different scenarios. I think using unique conversions should fix this issue.

Also do you have cross domain bookings and multiple currency tracking? If yes this could happen to that reason also.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Nisal!