AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Top Reports To Run?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are some tips on the top reports that should be run to see how effective the campaigns are? Also, what is the best way to compare data across past reports to see if they have improved or not.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Top Reports To Run?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

If you're running search advertising campaigns, one of the most important reports is the search terms report:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=108218

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

If you're running display ad campaigns, you'll need to keep any eye on the placements (particularly if you're using automatic vs manual placements).  See:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404178

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jaclyndims,

I have a sense you just may receive a variety of suggestions here.  I'm going to stick to some basics for now.

First thing I would suggest is to make sure you can view the necessary data that is relevant to you.  This video by TC Kim, shows how to customize the columns in your account.

Effectiveness is personal to you and your account.  What you consider to be important should be reflected in the goals of the campaigns.  Are you branding?  Then impressions might be your most important metric.  There are numerous possibilities for setting goals and based on what your are should help you determine which statistics you should be reviewing.

Each report can be downloaded and manipulated how you see fit.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

If you're running search advertising campaigns, one of the most important reports is the search terms report:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=108218

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

If you're running display ad campaigns, you'll need to keep any eye on the placements (particularly if you're using automatic vs manual placements).  See:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404178

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jaclyndims,

I have a sense you just may receive a variety of suggestions here.  I'm going to stick to some basics for now.

First thing I would suggest is to make sure you can view the necessary data that is relevant to you.  This video by TC Kim, shows how to customize the columns in your account.

Effectiveness is personal to you and your account.  What you consider to be important should be reflected in the goals of the campaigns.  Are you branding?  Then impressions might be your most important metric.  There are numerous possibilities for setting goals and based on what your are should help you determine which statistics you should be reviewing.

Each report can be downloaded and manipulated how you see fit.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

@PPCBossman wrote:

Hi Jaclyndims,

I have a sense you just may receive a variety of suggestions here.

Yes PPCBossman/Tom!  And that's a good thing. Robot Very Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@richard...absolutely! I nominated this topic for a Wiki. I think it's a great and common question that could be explored quite a bit more. -Tom