AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Top Conversion Paths

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I am using the top conversion paths report in analytics to try and quantify the impact of certain campaigns. It claims that the campaign in question contributes to multiple conversions, mostly that start with a paid click then convert organically etc. What i want to know is would adwords then see this as a paid conversion, despite the fact it converted via organic?  I am just wary of duplicating conversion data.

Many thanks

Jonny

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Top Conversion Paths

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonny, if you're looking at the data in AdWords, and we're only talking about a paid click, followed by an organic visit and conversion, then AdWords will claim that as a conversion for itself, provided the conversion happens within 30 days of the last click on an Ad.

It becomes slightly more complex when you start to talk about View-Through conversions, paid clicks and organic conversions as here potentially AdWords can claim two conversions for what is actually a single event.  To control this you'll need to look at the settings under the "Advanced" tab in Conversions within your Account.  There's an option there on how to handle duplicate reporting.  By default it's "off", so if you simply impressed upon an image Ad, then clicked a paid Search Ad, then converted organically, AdWords would see that as two conversions.  If you select "Enabled" for de-duplication, then AdWords will only count one Conversion (the click one).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Top Conversion Paths

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

thanks jon, thats very helpful.