AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Three ways to convert, one page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have three ways to convert on a single Adwords landing page, how would I setup tracking?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Three ways to convert, one page.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Try using goals (or events) in Analytics and then importing them into AdWords as conversions - or - depending upon the type of conversion, use Google Tag Manager and then add click listeners for each of the three conversion types.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Steve,

These are the 3 conversion types on my landing page: form submit, outbound link click, click to call. importing analytics goals into adwords conversions seems comprehensive and simple, but does it produce best available data?

Would it be better to create unique ads and landing pages for each of the 3 conversion types, instead - one call to action per ad/ per landing page?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The answer to that question is - we don't know... landing pages should always be tested - you may well find that having a landing page with a single call to action works better that one with all three - there is a lot written about LP design and as far as I can tell, the jury is out - some will tell you that a single CTA is best, others present data to show that having multiple CTA's leads to more conversions in total - each case is different.

What I can say with some certainty is that you should be developing your LP's for your visitors and not according to how easy it is for you to track the conversions ;-)

In terms of the data quality, I prefer to use GA goals as imported conversions simply because these are then available for all traffic sources (you can then compare, for example, organic to paid traffic - or one referral source against another) which is always useful.

Take a look at Google Tag Manager, because although the learning curve is steeper it is well worth it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your concise, yet comprehensive, answer - clear enough for this
Adwords rookie to grasp! I've got Tag Mgr. working, and gennerally far
enough along that experimenting with various ads and LPs will be relatively
simple.