AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Third-Party tracking on Adwords GDN

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using third-party tracking on a GDN campaign through Adwords. The 3rd party tracking, submitted through the third party tag submission form, was working fine for my campaign until I added a new creative to the campaign. The new creative does not appear to be tracked by my 3rd party reporting. 

How do I include the 3rd party tracking on this new creative? Am I supposed to repeat the process for third party tracking for my campaign every time I add a creative? I was expecting the third party would be added to every creative for the campaign moving forward. What is best practice? 

Appreciate your help, Google community!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

3 rd party tracking  are not always fully compatible with AdWords and you might need to configure manually.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey MosheTLV, the tracking was initially working across the entire campaign. When the new creative was added, it was not automatically tracked. So my bigger question is considering tracking was already working across the campaign, what do I need to do to track new creatives that are added after (we initially submitted the successful tracking request)

Appreciate your help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sam D,

Did you use the same tracking template for the new creative?

That's all I can think of.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords