AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

The million dollar Google AdWords / Analytics Question:

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I know there's a very simple answer to my question.  I just don't know where to find it.

I need to know how to identify conversion rates related to indivudual AdWords ads.

So far I've figured out how to see which ad headlines lead to page clicks, but that doesn't tell me much.

How do I see which ads (full ad text or Ad ID) leads to a conversion?

Puzzled,

-Mateo

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: The million dollar Google AdWords / Analytics Question:

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Mateo.

If you have conversion tracking in AdWords as well, you don't need Analytics to show you which ads converted, it's enough to look at the ads tab in AdWords and enable the right columns.

If you want to see other data (post-click), then you need to join an Analytics report containing whatever dimensions and metrics you need with an AdWords ad report. They both contain a unique identifier, which is the ad id (or creative ID in Analytics).

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: The million dollar Google AdWords / Analytics Question:

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Mateo.

If you have conversion tracking in AdWords as well, you don't need Analytics to show you which ads converted, it's enough to look at the ads tab in AdWords and enable the right columns.

If you want to see other data (post-click), then you need to join an Analytics report containing whatever dimensions and metrics you need with an AdWords ad report. They both contain a unique identifier, which is the ad id (or creative ID in Analytics).

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.