AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

The difference between Final URL and Landing Page reports in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, 

For a group of campaigns I want to report on the results by landing page. I could not find any proper documentation online, so I hope someone can help me figure this out.

The situation:

In my Adwords account, some of the keywords have an Final URL connected to it on keyword level. Also, I use different landing pages (e.g. product page, campaign page, get a quote page...).

What I want to do:

- Report on the total sessions for each landing page

- Report on the costs per click by landing page

The problem:

I have two reports in Analytics which I think are useful for this analysis; however they show very different data:

- In Analytics: Acquisition > Adwords > Final URL's

- In Analytics: Behavior > Site Content > Landing Pages

It seems that the Acquisition > Adwords > Final URL report is not taking in account the URLs connected on keyword level, but instead shows all Final URL's connected on an ad level. This seems very illogical to me, because the Final URL on keyword level is leading in getting the actual traffic.

The landing page report seems to take in account the Final URL's of the keywords, however I do not have an option to get the cost data.

Is there a way to get the data I need which i did not think of?

Kind regards,

Menno

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The AdWords Final URL report will show the final URL of the keyword when present. I double-checked this on three of my accounts.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Jim, 

Thanks for your quick reply.

For me that's unfortunately not the case: while the total number of sessions equal in both reports, the allocation of traffic by landing page/final URL is totally non-matching. 

Could you check what happens if you apply some filters on the Final URL report? Like adding a Campaign name as secondary dimension and filtering on Campaign name contains... I'm curious if that's causing the problem.

Thanks, 

Menno