AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

The AdNetworkType value in Display Keyword Report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a question on querying Display Keyword Report . What make me concerning here is that just like Audience report, it also has the field to segment the report by the Ad Network type (Search or Display). Do we have an assumption here that for Display Keyword Report, this value is always "CONTENT"?

For a campaign whose distribution type is Search Network with Display Selected (SNDS), is it possible that the same keyword will have both search and display performance data for the same AdGroup and thus the Display Keyword report of this keyword of this AdGroup will have both search and display network data? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peng X
September 2015

Re: The AdNetworkType value in Display Keyword Report?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Peng,

This is an interesting question. I have ran Search with Display Select campaigns and the first thing I can tell you here is that you can segment the keyword performance data according to the network and you can see the performance split across the two networks along with search partners. But when you do this, you will not be able to see performance data for individual keywords for the display network whereas if you look at the total performance data at the bottom, you will see a split in performance data there.

This essentially means that Keyword data is a combination of Search & Display network but since keyword level data is not available to us, we cannot optimize the keywords for the Display network.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Re: The AdNetworkType value in Display Keyword Report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply Shashank, what I mentioned here is to download the report with reporting API, not the one showing on the Google grid. Have you tried to download the report this way and see if both network types showing in the report for SNDS campaign? You can try it by this Adwords Script:

function exportReportToSpreadsheet() {
  var spreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.create('my report');
  var report = AdWordsApp.report(
  'SELECT CampaignName, AdGroupName, Clicks, Impressions, Cost, Date, AdNetworkType1 ' +
  'FROM DISPLAY_KEYWORD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT ' +
  'WHERE Impressions > 0' +
  'DURING LAST_WEEK');
  report.exportToSheet(spreadsheet.getActiveSheet());
  Logger.log("Report available at " + spreadsheet.getUrl());
}
function main() {
  exportReportToSpreadsheet();
}