AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Testing site variations - Different Campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two site variations. 

The way I test them is to set up 2 different campaings that are identical in everyway except the destination URL is slightly different. This seems to be the best way to do this. Is there a better way? 

Is there anything wrong with doing this at the campaign level?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Testing site variations - Different Campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
What metrics do you want to test?
Have you checked campaign experiments?
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Testing site variations - Different Campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Ryan B,

It depends a little on how you've set up your site. If you assign cookies to each visitor that identifies which site variation they first visited, and use that data to direct the visitor to the proper variation on return, this should be fine. The problem to address is visitors who don't convert on the first visit, but return later to convert. If they don't get back to the same site variation, you will have results of the 2 campaigns mixed and the data you get might not be actionable.

I would also take Moshe's advice on looking at campaign experiments.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords