AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Test App Uri generated from Google, when scan the barcode, doesn't brings me to the App

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

So I want to do campaign that involving deeplink in Android.

So I have already filled the scheme, host, and so on.

Then I press on "Test this app URI", then it shows me a barcode, and i scan it on my android device. 

As it shows url, then I open the url, when I'm opening the url, I expecting to redirected to my Application, but instead it shows blank white page with my application package name on top "com.example.test", after I click on that link it leads me to the app perfectly.

Why the link from scanned barcode not directly open the app?

Im following https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167146?hl=en

it says:

When you enter a deep link destination URL for your search app engagement ad, click “Test App URL” to test the link on a mobile device by scanning a QR code. Make sure that it opens up your app to the appropriate screen.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Test App Uri generated from Google, when scan the barcode, doesn't brings me to the App

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ardy

Is your app live on the play store? (Is it in beta?)

Can you share the URI you're using? I assume you have the correct format like: android-app://{package_id}/{scheme}/{host_path}

The activity you're pointing to, what is it?