AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Test AdWords conversion without clicking ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I'm trying to test my AdWords conversion without having to click an ad, is that possible? Are conversion correctly fired if they are not related to an ad?

I've been trying with the Tag Assistant but I get an error when the conversion is trigged by a click: In a extremely simplified page where the tag is placed (for testing), Assistant detect it with blue color, but when I click on the link it turns red with the errors: An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED and Error while sending request: net::ERR_ABORTED

This is the page: http://valhallapp.com/test-conversion-boton

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Test AdWords conversion without clicking ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marcos Benjamín S,

I can't help with your Tag Assistant error but I checked your conversion tracking page and it looks good to me -

Untitled.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Test AdWords conversion without clicking ad

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Marcos,

This is what I found, your link has an extra quote that's probably affecting the onclick assignment. Fix this first, then let us know if that doesn't solve it.

This:

<a href="/test-conversion"" onclick="goog_report_conversion('/test-conversion')">Pagar </a>

Should be this:

<a href="/test-conversion" onclick="goog_report_conversion('/test-conversion')">Pagar </a>

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords