AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Telephone order conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All 

We are currently running an adwords campaign but it is targeted at the trade sector, our trade orders mostly come through the telephone so i need to be able to track whether these telephone orders have come through PPC, i have seen systems in the past where it is a dynamic phone number and then once the call is complete if they have ordered you press a button on the telephone and this is fed back to adwords to track the conversion. 

Can anyone recommend anything

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Telephone order conversion tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi deslamps,

Calls to your business phone number can be tracked as call conversions using Google forwarding number. This feature is currently limited to a few countries. More about the feature here.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply.

Not sure this will work as i need to track once they are on the website and called the number given directly on the website. So i need the telephone number on the website to track the conversion not a number within the ads.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Which country is the business based in deslamps?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

That could be tracked as well, using Website call as conversions. If Google forwarding number is available in your region, you can paste a code in the head tag of the landing page to show a Google forwarding number so that a conversion is tracked when a call is received. More info here under 'Track Calls from a website'.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, but will this just track the call as a conversion or will it track the order that is placed over the telephone with the conversion and value?

This is really the data i need rather than just tracking an incoming call as a conversion.