AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Location in very niche

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

At present I am creating Adwords account for those client who are having local business and their target audience are very limited (in their local zone). To target their location, I have already used Radius targeting but that is not working due to very tight targeting.

Expanding radius targeting is not helpful at all to target required audience.

Anyone here can suggest sollution for same.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Targeting Location in very niche

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Apart from what you have implemented, try using Call only campaigns (if currently not using). Doing this would give your client other option to receive phone calls for his local business.

Also, try adding the location based keywords and see if that makes an impact or not. I am not sure which keyword matching option you have, but adding broad modifiers might extend your account's reach. You will have to keep an eye on the queries and add negative keywords from time to time to prevent irrelevant traffic.

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I tried call only campaign but unfortunately Its not helpful in conversion. What I felt..well written title is helpful in conversion. In Call by campaign, contact number is replaced with Title. You should try call extension, sitelink extension and location extension. Re-write your ads. Increase bids.

You should also check your campaign is it is open for mobile phones.

Hope this will work.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Pankaj, but as Virendra suggested Call only campaigns are not very helpful because we are actually forcing user to call while it might be that they want to know more about us first by visiting over website but there is no option to visit website.

Regarding location & Keyword selection there are no reach present for audience however I have used all keyword match type.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ashusa303,

There is no other option but to increase the location targeting area as there are many such small locations which are sometimes not available in location targeting and if available, it may not work well because of very limited or no reach or radius targeting. I have myself tried it for a couple of clients who had their local business limited to a suburb or town. I can understand that showing to broader audience you may be spending some extra bucks which is not relevant to your target market but there is no other option.

One thing you can do is add negative keywords to avoid those non-relevant queries including the name of those locations which you don't want to show your ads to. But for exact match keywords even this option is not useful.

Regards,
Ashish