AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Display Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello:

When targeting ads in the "Display Network Only" I will be using Keywords, but then should I use "Topics" and/or "Interest & Remarketing".

What I'm trying to ask is should I use both along with my keywords OR (Keywords & Topic) or (Keywords & Interest & Marketing) but NOT all three at same time.

I at a lost on this.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

Re: Targeting Display Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Welcome to the AdWords community

Yes, AdWords allows you to target single as well as multiple targeting in one Adgroup. It is good to target Keywords & Topic, keywords and ICM. In this way you narrow down your reach and you would able to reach on the more targeted audience.
AdWords also allows you to set the bidding strategies while targeting multiples targeting in a single AdGroup.
Please read the below article for more info:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Start-Investing-in-Display-Network-with-These-...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Targeting Display Ads

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi there,

Using all these criteria in one ad group is similar to an 'AND' operation. As in, your ads would show only when all these targeting criteria match. This would give you a very narrow audience.

If you'd like to target all of these individually, create one ad group for each targeting criteria. That way you'll be able to get a wide range of relevant audience.

More info here.

Cheers,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar