AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Talk to someone about my Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried and tried to talk to someone and failed at every attempt. I have called (several times and on different phones)  866-246-6453. When I put my Customer ID in it says it is invalid and gives me no other option. I tried chat but this gets too confusing with my questions. I tried to get a different phone number thru chat but they do not have one. They are going to have their engineers look into the problem with my customer ID but in the mean time they said I would have to just sit and wait. Does anyone else think that is unacceptable. There must be some way to talk to an actual person.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Talk to someone about my Adwords account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Who told you that they're going to have angineers look into the proplem with your account number? How did you contact them?

Have you tried the contact details available here?

Hope this helps.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was Kim A through the chat function.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I have tried the contact details. No matter where I look they only have one phone number and it does not work with my customer id. I even tried talking to Google Adword Sales and they couldn't help - just gave me the same phone #.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick reply. I can't speak for why your account number won't work on the automated system, but if you're able to contact them via chat I would suggest continuing to try via that if you need help quickly.

Is it something myself or someone else could help with?

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if someone here can help. Basically my question is - I look at Google Analytics and Google Adwords each day. They are not tied together. The number of clicks are always the same or within a few. When I look at the Traffic Source in Analytics there are many listed, none of which are Google Adwords. The chat people keep telling me that I have to "tie them together" but I want my question answered first. Why are the number of clicks always the same (or close) and all of the traffic in analytics is from different referrals like Ebay or Amazon or Ask/organic or AOL/organic, etc. One of them has to be wrong.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hmm...interesting;

@pats; I am referring your case to Google; Watch your email for communication fro customer support;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Have you set uRe: Talk to someone about my Adwords account

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The people on chat are correct, you need enable Autotagging and then link your adwords and Analytics acocunts. Without these enabled visits via adwords will not show as Google / cpc as it should do.

To Enable Autotagging:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
  2. Click the My account tab, and select Preferences.
  3. In the Tracking section, click Edit.
  4. Select (enable) or clear (disable) the Destination URL Auto-tagging checkbox.
  5. Click Save changes.

To link accounts, use the instructions here.

The reason for the traffic sources showing up in your Analytics reports is probably because all those sources (Ask, Amazon, Ebay etc.) are"search partners".

By default you automatically show your ads on these additinal websites. If you want your ads to show purely on Google search, disable search partners:

1. Click on Settings in your AdWords acocunt

2. Click on a campaign

3. Near the top you should see "Networks", click on "Edit" next to this

4. Untick the box that says "Include search partners".

As always, I hope this helps.

Ryan.

Re: Have you set uRe: Talk to someone about my Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Ohhh...I did not notice you had a follow up; 

Anyway; RyanHoldaway took care of that, and replied.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’