AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tag Manager Conversions issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using GTM to track conversions on a certain part of my site that are coming in from my Hubspot landing pages. The URL where the conversion occurs is hourlynerd.com/project/post, but I also need the conversion to only fire when they're referred by my landing page, which contains info.hourlynerd.com. I have this set up as firing rules in GTM, but when I check the script in Tag Analysis it says"Ref/URL GET param did not match with actual URL".

How can I fix this? I feel like it has to do with my referral (since it worked before), should the referral and firing scripts be different rules? HELP!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tag Manager Conversions issue.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Rob,

Welcome to adwords community!

There is a mismatch between the actual URL of the webpage and the referring URL recorded in the HTTP request.

This error denotes a mismatch between the actual URL of the webpage and the referring URL recorded in the HTTP request.

If the remarketing script is implemented inside of a frame, container, or external script, please ensure that you are using the full remarketing JavaScript (as opposed to pixel-only).

but if you still need assistance please contact from https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en.

Re: Tag Manager Conversions issue.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Can you be more detailed about what your firing rules are?
Right now it seems to me like they're not properly setup as the conversion tracking tag fires as soon as I get to your landing page. I'm assuming you only want it to fire when a user submits the form.

I wouldn't worry too much about the error message from tag assistant for now, there's a good chance it's not exactly accurate.