AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tag Asssistant: Versions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have my three websites with Google Analytic code on each. When I open all of three in Chrome and check tag assistant, then I three different versions for the analytic code.

Version: 5.5.3dc

Code Version/Syntax Remarketing
Code Version/Syntax Urchin

Code Version/Syntax Universal

Can anyone help me to understand the difference between all three messages?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Tag Asssistant: Versions

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Coupon,

Urchin was the predecessor to Google Analytics - Google purchased Urchin and their technology in 2005 and repackaged it as Google Analytics.  

When is the last time you updated each of the websites codes?  Reason I ask is because Google Analytics used to reference an Urchin JavaScript call-out, but have since replaced it.  My guess is that this is an old piece of Google Analytics Tracking Code and it should be replaced.

Universal Analytics is the latest version of Google Analytics Tracking Code so this site should be correct.  

The one with Remarketing - my guess is that this is a Google Remarketing pixel that was installed incorrectly as Google Analytics Tracking Code; or it could be the Google Analytics Remarketing Tag.  Are you receiving data from that site in your Google Analytics Account? 

For the Sites with Urchin and Remarketing, I suggest you visit the Universal Analytics Upgrade Center and your Google Analytics Account and ensure that those two sites have the latest versions of Google Analytics Tracking Code.  Essentially you'll have to remove the code that is currently on your site and then replace it with new, updated Google Analytics Tracking Code.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
And what is:

Version: 5.5.3dc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I believe its the Classic Google Analytics syntax.

-Pooja