AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

TRACKING CODE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Just jumping in here if that's OK. I'm just about to launch a new website and have installed my Facebook Pixel and Google analytics tracking code. I have however been advised to also sign up for google adwords and install that tracking code also. I'm told this will be a useful thing to do if I don't plan on using ad words right away, as getting the code installed properly is, apparently, a good way to track data in case I want to use retargeting ads in the next couple of months. Sounds good in theory but it appears to be impossible to get the tracking code from google ad words unless I launch a paid ad words campaign... or am I missing something?? Can you help / advise?

3 Expert replyverified_user

TRACKING CODE

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Fathom Analytic :-)

I've moved your question over to the Google Adwords Community, since you are specifically asking about Adwords conversion tracking and remarketing

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

TRACKING CODE

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Melissa M,

That's true to a certain extent. AdWords will walk you through setting up your first campaign. When you're done with all that, pause or delete the campaign. Then define a conversion or remarketing tag to get the code.

On the other hand, you can define remarketing lists is Analytics to use in AdWords. That may be a better option for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

TRACKING CODE

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you are already using Analytics, use that to build your remarketing audience. If/when you use AdWords you can connect Analytics to AdWords and use the Analytics audience for your remarketing.

So, no need to build a campaign in AdWords at the moment.