AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Suspicious Keywords Impression

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

Although I am using word "Suspicious" here, I really don't know if it is bug or what.

There are some long tail keywords in my account which has monthly searches 10 only.

But from last week I am getting 200+ impressions/keyword per day. Without any clicks I am only getting impressions but How?

If there is only 10 monthly searches then how I am seeing 200+ impressions per day?

I know its not going to affect my account anyway but still want to know if anyone face the same.

Do reply, Let me know.

Thanks,

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspicious Keywords Impression

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Mansoor,

Few things to consider here.

1. The match type of your keyword. Keyword planner shows search volume for exact match. So if you are using a different match type, then you will see more searches/impressions.

2. Seasonality - Is the keywords you mentioned is affected by a specific season/ time of the year. Some times this can result in dramatic increase in search volume / impressions.

The spike in impressions (without click) will have an affect on your account, as this will reduce your CTR and have an impact on quality score and average CPC.

Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

1. The match type of your keyword. Keyword planner shows search volume for exact math. So if you are using a different match type, then you will see more searches/impressions.

So here is the keyword which is in exact match - [houses apartments for sale 2 bhk pune]

2. Seasonality - Is the keywords you mentioned is affected by a specific season/ time of the year. Some times this can result in dramatic increase in search volume / impressions.

I dont think this keyword have any relation with season.

The spike in impressions (without click) will have an affect on your account, as this will reduce your CTR and have an impact on quality score and average CPC.

Yes, I thought about it first but there are only 3-4 keywords among hundreds of keywords.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello Mansoor,

These 3-4 keywords - are they similar to [houses apartments for sale 2 bhk pune]? (location)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. only difference is in 2 bhk, 3 bhk, 4 bhk

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If the location is consistent (Pune) another possibility is that there may be a big offline/online campaign going on (can be a big real estate project launch, or real estate investment project launch) which may have resulted in the spike in searches/impressions.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

A small addition to what Deepak explained rightly above, I hope you are not talking about Search with Display select campaign type here. If yes, then there could be a possibility that you are counting the impressions from Display Network also.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
To what Deepak Said: Location is Pune indeed and As you can see above keyword in bracket its not a brand or seasonal keyword. Even if there will any big project that could be launching but the keyword doesn't indicate anything like that. However, I might be wrong in this.

Pankaj: Yes I am targeting only in Search Network, No display network as for now.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

I agree with everything said above, but would like to add one more thing here. 

While doing your keyword research with the planner, do you care to select to Google with Search Partners? 

If not, you might be seeing results only for Google, not including Search Partners. On the other hand, you campaigns may be targeting search partners as well. This might be the reason for the difference you have come across. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Oh, I just cross checked with only google network it is showing 10 searches but with google and search partners it is showing 6,600 which is a lot more.

So this is the thing that I am seeing from last few days. Also in my campaign setting I've selected Google Search & Search partners thats why it is getting that many searches. Anyways I will remove search partner from the option. Thanks for indicating it.