AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sum the budget of filtered campaigns/ad groups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Short question. Is there a way to see the sum of budget of the filtered campaigns?

For eg.

I have may campaigns for various cars (audi rs, audi 4, audi 5, bmw 3, bmw 5 and etc).

So i want to see, what is my daily budget set for all the audi campaigns. But when I use filter i see the sum of daily budget for all campaigns, not the ones I've filtered?

A quick help?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sum the budget of filtered campaigns/ad groups?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zygissimo,

Unfortunately, the short answer as far as my knowledge goes is No. 

I tried it myself using the filters and the new feature called Labels as well, but both the times, I wasn't able to see the Budget sum of only filtered campaigns or by Labels as well.

Yes, you can see the filtered campaigns but the daily budget you see, remains the total one (i.e. comprising of the sum total of all enabled campaigns).

I would encourage you to fill the feedback form available in this reference and Adwords Engineers might have this functionality in coming time.

I would love to hear from other Community members if they find some solution to this.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zygissimo, further to Pankaj's reply, I haven't tried this (yet) but what you want may be possible using the new Script interface for Adwords.  If you've any knowledge of JavaScript it's well worth looking into as you can generate all manner of reports reasonably easily.

You'll find the Scripting tool under the Automated Rules section of your account.  I'll have a quick look at this now for you.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here you go Zygissimo, try this:

// Example Script to retrieve daily budgets for specific campaigns, based upon their name
// (c) Jon Gritton 2012

function main() {
// Get an iterator on the campaigns
var campaignsIterator = AdWordsApp.campaigns()
//set your condition here - in this case I'm looking for a string in the campaign name
//but you could use any valid condition for the campaign object
.withCondition("Name CONTAINS_IGNORE_CASE 'txt'")
//set a date range for the search - not compulsory but could be useful
.forDateRange("LAST_WEEK")
.get();

//Title the report
Logger.log("Daily Budgets for Selected Campaigns");
Logger.log("Campaign Name, Budget");
//go through the campaigns, retrieving their name and budget
//you could retrieve other useful stuff here if need be
while (campaignsIterator.hasNext()) {
var campaignStats = campaignsIterator.next();
var budget = campaignStats.getBudget();
var name=campaignStats.getName();
Logger.log(name + "," + budget);
}
}

You'll need to put this into the Scripts section of your account, then authorise it (assuming you trust me) and then preview or run/schedule it.  It doesn't do much, just outputs the name and daily budget of any campaigns it finds with the string specified in their name.  Look at the line that begins ".withCondition" and alter the bit that says "txt" to contain any text you want to look for.  So, for example, if you want to find all your campaigns that have "audi" their name, alter this to "audi".

Let me know if you have any problems.  You'll probably want to read up on scripts here first... although note this help file concentrates mainly on making changes, and says you have to go to the Campaigns tab first (you don't, you can do it from the top level of your account).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Sum the budget of filtered campaigns/ad groups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I liked the script, but I'm not too familiar with this, is there a way to add the ability to sum all the retrieved data?