AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Suddenly incorrect conversion values?????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Yahoo store. I have an Adwords PLA campaign a few regular Adwords campaigns. Today the revenue that I'm getting from my Adwords clicks is not reporting properly. For example, if a customer clicked on one of my ads and it resulted in a $50 sale, the conversion value only shows $1, not $50. It is showing $1 for every single conversion today.

I'm on a Yahoo store forum and at least one other merchant on the forum (he has three stores) is reporting the same problem with all of his Yahoo stores.

Is anyone else on Yahoo or non-Yahoo platforms seeing incorrect reporting results for their Adwords accounts today?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suddenly incorrect conversion values?????

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Lynn.

Most likely it is something platform-related. I have never heard of AdWords misreporting an amount which is correctly specified in the conversion code.

If you can, please try to place a test order and on the thank you page please have a look at the conversion code. If the Yahoo Store does not correctly and dynamically insert the conversion value in the adwords conversion script, that's why you don't see the right value.

If, however, you see the right value in the script but after a day or two you see it misreported in your AdWords interface I think you should contact support and ask them if there's anything in particular that is wrong with your conversion reporting.

However, if you found another Yahoo store owner who has the same problem, I'm tempted to think it's a store-related issue.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have noticed the same issue from approx 1:30pm (GMT) yesterday (21st Nov 2013). Our conversion values are also coming through as £1 per conversion.

We have our own custom built website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Noticed the same issue with reporting conversion value. Starting around the time you mentioned Mark. This morning 07:00 GMT though it is pulling through the correct conversion values again.

Now just waiting to hear back to see if the real values will be imported for the conversions yesterday and this morning. Or whether it's worth importing them in from Analytics possibly.

We did various test transactions and checked the console and the tracking code was fine and submitting the transaction values. Analytics was picking up the transaction values correctly during the time period also.

Spoke to support yesterday who said they would be getting the technical team to look into it as they had heard the issue with other accounts. As yet though I haven't received a reply.

Alan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We're having the same problem. We're using bid management software and it's going to completely screw all of our bids. I've lost the whole morning trying to figure out what the issue is, thank god we found this article!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spoke to Google, they're aware of the issue and have rolled a fix which will take effect over the next 24 hours. The data will be backdated thankfully

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Will be good to see if the data does come into the account correctly.

I've never had to import conversions from analytics but I'm assuming that they'll tie into the correct campaign/adgroup/keyword. We were testing the return on ad spend bidding which will be screwed without the correct conversion values!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Personally I wouldn't do that, I'd push Google to fix the data in your adwords account. The disparity between the two is sometimes substantial when it comes to conversion value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
same problem here, analytics shows the correct conversion amount, adwords seems to show the correct number of conversion but incorrect (lower) conversion values. Hope this issue is fixed very soon...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem seems to have been fixed today, but yesterday's conversion revenue values are still wrong (still showing $1 conversion for each sale).