AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop in clicks and impressions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

Was wondering if someone could help me with this issue I'm having with one of my clients accounts.  The campaign was running fine up unitl the 7th of November when I just stopped getting clicks due to getting hardly any impressions http://puu.sh/5i9Sj.png.

The ad positions havent changed much which is the first thing I looked for.  I then had a look through posts on here and then checked 'view change history'. I only added 4 negative keywords to one adgroup on the 7th of November so I can't under stand the drop http://puu.sh/5iahN.png

Just to give you an example I have a keyword set to broad match 'card shops' avg pos is 2.4 and a budget of £50 and it isnt spending anything now.  

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden drop in clicks and impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This might be stupid - but have you checked the billing tab - I have found in the past that if I am left with just a few pennies in an account the system will try and give me impressions at that price - which it really struggles to do - so the impressions drop right off - what it doesn't do - until it manages to spend those last few coins - is give any kind of warning or tell you that there are no funds.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Steve,

It's the first thing I checked even though I have automatic payments set up! Really frustrating as the client is already piling on the pressure and for the life of me I can't work it out. Thanks anyway though.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tom_B,
Did you check the quality scores of keywords you were getting traffic for before? Also, did you make sure that there are not any ad disapproval notices? If your quality scores are low, you may need to bump those bids up in order to attain better positioning. I would isolate the dimensions for hours on the last day you were receiving impressions and compare it to a few days of similar volume make sure you watch impressions, impression share, and average position. That might give you a better sense of what happened. The only other thing I can think of based on your screen captures is that if you're using a feed to help keep things dynamic something happened to the feed that you're using.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@Andrew_B
Thanks for your input but I have resolved the Issue by contacting Google Directly. They had paused my Campaign at their end due to suspicious activity and not notified me in any way!??!! So everything looked normal my end apart from receiving no Impressions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Tom_B
Thanks for letting us know the outcome! Glad to hear you were able to resolve this.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Google have credited my account for £200 after sending a complaint. They have also offered to optimise a campaign and leave in a paused state. I'm guessing it will be a very basic set up but we will see.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Google* have

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys,

I have somewhat similar situation (already checked billing, ads approval status, all the performance metrics, etc., and nothing changed significantly).  I did not change anything since friday in this account.

The difference is, that my campaigns are still running, not stopped totally. Since monday I get only the 30% of impressions and clicks then I recieved 2 days ago (but they are not stopped).

I still cannot see competetitive metrics for these last 2 days, but the client is really curious, so itwould be nice to find out what happened.