AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop in Bounce Rate - Please help

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My bounce rate for the website suddenly dropped to 0% today for all the pages in the website which is really weird. But my landing pages are having still high bounce rate.

I had recently added the Google Tag Manager in my website and linked the analytics code by end of July, and removed the analytics code from the website by end of August. But my landing pages have just the analytics code in the source. I am not sure whether the GTM really caused the sudden drop.

I am not sure how to resolve this issue. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Davis

Re: Sudden drop in Bounce Rate - Please help

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
So when you say your bounce rate is 0% now, can you see that all the visitors to the site are now visiting multiple pages? I'm trying to get an idea of what the problem could be. Usually a 0% bounce rate is what we are all hoping for Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the reply.

No, all the visitors to the site are not visiting multiple pages. Yes I would be the happiest person if that was for real.

One more thing I found out was the tag manager code was not placed immediately after the opening <body> tag. This could have prevent the tags from accurately tracking the pages. I have asked the developer to place it immediately below the opening <body> tag now.

Thanks,
Davis

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
After you make changes to the tag manager code check back and we can see if the problem is still present. Hopefully you are correct and this is the problem so you can get it resolved by doing this.