AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden changes in Cost/ Conversion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have seen sudden increase in cost/ conversion (in last 3-5 days) within my campaign.

I have made silght changes in content of the landing page - is this impacted? or any other causes?

The quality score for each keyword is same (after changing the content)

Thanks,

Suyog 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Sudden changes in Cost/ Conversion

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Suyog,

As you have already changed the content in landing page, so keep the campaigns to run for some days so that system will get to stable and optimize it like a normal campaign.

Or you would suggest you if you are not using the landing page, create the landing page. you can do A/B testing with landing page when you want to change the content in the landing page, If you use the landingpage in your campaigns.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Suyog,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

Did you notice that whether your campaign's Avg CPC increased or conversion rate decreased?

Also check that .....did avg positions fluctuate after changing the content of landing page?

These factors have changed, it means it is the impact of content change of landing page.

If this is not the case then check the search query report.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

See the below details (after the content change):
1) The avg. position for contextual campaign and search campaign has increased by 0.4 and 0.1 positions respectively.
2) The avg. CPC is quite stable/ static.
3) The conversion rate has decreased by 0.38% and 0.47% respectively for contextual and search campaign.

If avg. position increased and conversion rate decreased then what action should i take to improve this again.

Shall i have to revert the content changes of the landing pages?

If i will do so then it will affect the organic search engine ranking/ results as i kept in mind both paid and organic tactics while creating the content.

I don't have the separate landing page for PPC campaign.

Thank you again,
Suyog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Suyog,

As you have already changed the content in landing page, so keep the campaigns to run for some days so that system will get to stable and optimize it like a normal campaign.

Or you would suggest you if you are not using the landing page, create the landing page. you can do A/B testing with landing page when you want to change the content in the landing page, If you use the landingpage in your campaigns.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rakesh,

I appreciate your response and thanks.

How many days it will take to stable the campaign? -- Also, will the cost/ conversion get reverted?

Ok - I will keep i mind that I shall always do the a/b testing before implementing landing page to the campaign.

Regards,
Suyog