AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Strange Est. First / Top Page Bids

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My accounts keywords keep defaulting to an est first page bid of £0.01p and Est Top page bid of £0.30p.

Is anyone experiencing the same or are the tech guys developing an updated scoring system?

I've contacted support but keep getting not specific replies.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Strange Est. First / Top Page Bids

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I would not rely much on these numbers, especially not on the 0.01., which usually means that there is not enough data for a reliable statistical analysis.
These are estimates with a wide margin of error.

Try to look for historical CPC for the given keyword. These are much more accurate and reliable, since represent the actual cost / price paid by advertisers (while the estimates factor in your own campaign and account performances).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Strange Est. First / Top Page Bids

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I would not rely much on these numbers, especially not on the 0.01., which usually means that there is not enough data for a reliable statistical analysis.
These are estimates with a wide margin of error.

Try to look for historical CPC for the given keyword. These are much more accurate and reliable, since represent the actual cost / price paid by advertisers (while the estimates factor in your own campaign and account performances).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’