AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Still confused with Display Network reporting

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello:

This is my first "Display Network Only" campaign, it is running, and according to my adwords home page it is getting several clicks on several of my display ads. (I have all different sizes). 

But Google Analytic is not reporting anything close to what adwords says has been clicked, and my eCommerce website has it's own build in tracking of hit's to my website and they also are not reporting the number of hits that adwords say I have gotten.

I used to run adwords "search only ads" and they were always close in google Analytic and my eCommerce report as to the number of click my ad was getting.

What am I missing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

Re: Still confused with Display Network reporting

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

There's always a data discrepancy between AdWords and Analytics , especially because AdWords tracks clicks, while Google Analytics tracks sessions. There are also many other reasons why AdWords and Analytics may report different numbers of clicks and sessions, you can find them there:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

There's always a data discrepancy between AdWords and Analytics , especially because AdWords tracks clicks, while Google Analytics tracks sessions. There are also many other reasons why AdWords and Analytics may report different numbers of clicks and sessions, you can find them there:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
OK, I understand the difference between clicks and sessions, how ever I don't understand why my built in counter from my eCommerce website does not count the visits if they came from one of my Display Network Ads. I have checked to make sure the display network ad is configured to the correct landing page (and it is).

All of my other Google Search Ads clicks get counted thru my eCommerce counter.
Thanks again

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I think I have this figured out, want to thank you for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey David, did you manage to understand this? I'm having the same issues, but with search only campaigns! Adwords is reporting over 100 clicks on a campaign that only shows 3 sessions in Analytics... Thanks in advance