AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Status "limited by budget" showing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have seen my few campaigns are not getting clicks still the status is showing "limited by budget", why it is like that?

As i know it shows only when my campaign utilized all budget before day ends.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Status "limited by budget" showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Swati,

This status is not real time.
Once if the campaign hits the defined budget, this status appears and may last upto next day.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
yes i know but i am telling campaign didnt get any click yet nor impression.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
has your campaign gone beyond the defined budget in the last 2 days or 3 days?

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
no

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Please check the change history of that particular campaign for the last week.

Regards

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Swati,

Another possibility that has not been mentioned yet is shared budgets. Is this campaign part of a shared budget? If so, it is possible for the campaign to receive little to no impressions if there is another high volume campaign that shares a daily budget with it. It is possible that all of the budget is being used by this other campaign.

Let me now if this is the case.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Swati,

I would have to second what Clynton M has said - It sounds like the campaign is using a shared budget which may be assigned to other campaigns. Try assigning the campaign an individual budget and see if the problem is still present.

Also have you tested the keywords in the Ad Preview tool?

All the best,

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Swati,

One more thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, if your Max CPC bid is a significant percentage of your daily budget, Google will not be able to show your ad.

For example, the simplest case, let's say your max bid is $10 and your daily budget is also $10. The AdWords system does not show your ad to one user at a time. Rather, it will show your ad according to the bid system, your schedule, etc. Google guarantees they will not over-delivery more than 20% a day. If they show your ad to 2 people at the same time and both click, you will be over that guarantee, so Google will not show your ad at all.

Same would be true with a max CPC bid of $5 and a daily budget of $10.

Take a look at your bids and budget and see if this could be the case.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
That's great Pete!
I really wanted to track the same thing from the change history if the budget had been changed/increased and this status has appeared before the raising of the budget.

Regards