AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Spam conversions through Adwords or am I missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're getting impressions, clicks and conversions, which go through a web form on my landing page. Web form submissions come directly to my Gmail. I've tested it several times and the web form works, but I have received 0 submissions (no emails in my Inbox). Where are all these conversions?

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Here are some details:

Campaign only 2 days old.

Target Market: Indonesia

Clicks  and conversions so far: 28 clicks and 19 conversions

I've called Google support and they checked that the campaign is set up correctly. At 67.86%, the conversion rate seems way to high (wish it were real) so I'm assuming this is some kind of spam. I'm using a Wordpress platform with Contact Form 7 for the web form and conversions are tracked when the Thank You page is rendered, which means the visitor must fill out a name and email (required fields) for the submission to take place. 

So if these conversions are somehow real, I need to respond ASAP. If they are indeed spam as I suspect, then I really don't want to get charged for them, losing confidence in the Adwords platform as well.

If anyone can help trouble shoot it, I am happy to provide more info, screenshots, etc. Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dino M
July

Spam conversions through Adwords or am I missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Doh....

We figured this out. We had loaded the conversion tracking code on the page so everytime we got a visitor to that page, it was rendering a conversion as well. Damn, I thought that conversion rate was too high.