AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Source / Medium

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I got a problem on Google Analytics - product performance - source / medium.

The "source / medium" of almost products is changed to "secureuspayment.com / referral", after 2015/7/29 when I finish the Upgraded URLs update.

I checked the data before the day 7/29, the source / medium showed "google / cpc". I used to optimize the product performance via this attribute, but now, I could not figure out what's the problem. Could anyone tell me how to do? Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy L
October 2015

Re: Source / Medium

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andy L,

There can be two things -

1. Wrongly setup Tracking Templates
  2. Or, missing Cross Domain Tracking

It seems to me that are using a payment gateway for your website where one goes to third party website to make the payment and then returns to your website when the payment is processed or not processed. 

If so, you would need to setup Cross Domain Tracking. More can be found at the URL below -

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy L
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andy L,

There can be two things -

1. Wrongly setup Tracking Templates
  2. Or, missing Cross Domain Tracking

It seems to me that are using a payment gateway for your website where one goes to third party website to make the payment and then returns to your website when the payment is processed or not processed. 

If so, you would need to setup Cross Domain Tracking. More can be found at the URL below -

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Ratan-Jha,
I added 5 second-level domains for my website. Do you think this is the reason why all source go to referral? Thank you!