AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Slight difference in Adwords Conversion Tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to trouble shoot a conversion tracking issue, one thing I have noted is that the conversion tracking on the thank you page is slightly different from the code I see in Adwords settings page. The differences I spot are:

Adwords code: /* <![CDATA[ */
Thanks page source: <![CDATA[

Adwords code: var google_remarketing_only = false;
Thanks page source: not included

Adwords code: ?value=0&amp;label=
Thanks page source: ?value=0&label=

Adwords code: &amp;guid=ON&amp;script=0"
Thanks page source: &guid=ON&script=0"

Do you think these code differences are just a matter of semantics and the conversion tracking code should still track without issue?

Thanks!
David

Re: Slight difference in Adwords Conversion Tracking code

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
From everything I've read, it's a best practice to use "&amp;" when writing lines that need "&." So, I would consider that a semantic error. The code in Google is a complete version of code. In most cases, if the conversion is on a thank you page it does not need any editing. I recommend resending the whole code to the development team and instructing them to implement without editing.

Re: Slight difference in Adwords Conversion Tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, will do. I have a feeling Wordpress may be responsible for changing the "&amp;" code...