AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink extensions showing clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

I am running a few campaigns for a client and when checking the sitelinks report it shows it has been getting clicks and of course cost.

But when I go to the "ads tab" and use the segment filter "click type", no clicks or cost are shown for the sitelink extensions.

Does anybody know if this is wrong or if I am missing anything?

Thank you and regards,

Erik

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erik G
September 2015

Re: Sitelink extensions showing clicks?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric,

The sitelink reports 'clicks' is different to the segment by click type. A click on your ad will register under the sitelink report. The sitelink report registers all clicks when the sitelink is present.

This way you are able to tell if the sitelink has an effect on CTR even if the sitelink is not clicked itself.

Hope this clears that up
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erik G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Erik.

The Ad Extensions tab shows you aggregate clicks and impressions, not just sitelink clicks. You can use the click type segment there as well and you'll see if you had sitelink clicks or headline clicks.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand it now. Thank you very much for your help Clynton

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you AdWiser!

Now I see the difference