AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink extension - segment "click type"

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all !

Why do Sitelink extensions show clicks on Headline when you select Segment by click type ? Shouldn't they report those clicks on the extension ?

segment-sitelinks.png

It's the same with Segment on Location or call extensions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sitelink extension - segment "click type"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Most likely because "Headline" is also a segment Smiley Happy.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I expected to see some clicks here on the "get directions" segment too, as I see them in general in the dimensions tab, but none of the extensions (segmented by click type) show clicks on the "get directions" segment.

When I looked at the summary ( without the segment by click type ) I was under the impression that visitors made 18 clicks today on the sitelinks from 413 impressions. But after segmenting it shows as if they clicked only the headline , so which info is true ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The one in the "segment by click type" report: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454049?hl=en.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Wonderful, at least now I can tell them that their sitelinks are useful only for occupying space Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Sometimes occupying space is all that matters. The fact that your ad takes up more real estate can be read "your next competitor is less visible".