AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink CTR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm just wondering if the Click Through Rates for the 'Ad Extension' Sitelinks are a completely different rate than your regular campaign click through rate. For example, I have a click through rate of 0.46%, and a site link click through rate of 2.68%.

If I'm not mistaken, these two numbers have nothing to do with each other and the site links should almost be taken as a separate campaign in itself? Any clarification on these statistics would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sitelink CTR

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jkinney,

The 2.68% CTR value represents how often people click your ad when your sitelinks have been shown to them. It's higher than the 0.46% value because the latter includes instances when the ad was shown w/o the sitelinks. 

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response. So, the best way to have a more accurate CTR for your campaign would be to average the two then, correct?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

0.46% is the accurate CTR. It considers all clicks and impressions the campaign accrued. The 2.68% value only considers clicks and impressions when the sitelinks were also shown, not just the ad copy. Cheers ....Robot LOL

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jkinney768
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Maybe a short example would help.

An ad shows 100 times, in total. The total number of clicks is 20, and the overall average CTR is thus 20%. Out of these 100 times, 30 times it has shown with sitelinks. When it was shown with sitelinks, the ad was clicked 15 times, making its CTR, when shown with sitelinks, 50%.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Sitelink visibility

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How can I force sitelinks to show up everytime my ads are displayed?

Is it up to the system to make that determination? I would like to show it on all ads since it seems to help CTR greatly.

Thank you very much for any help.

Re: Sitelink visibility

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there,

as far as I know, your keywords Quality Score needs to be a 7 (or 8) and higher to be eligible for the sitelinks. The ad also needs to be shown on the left hand side of the page (above or under the listings)

As that is not always the case you cannot force this in my opinion.

Need Help In CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have any good !dea for increase clicks in less CPC ?

Re: Need Help In CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The two best ways to increase clicks for keywords with lower CPC are:

1.  Write better ad copy - if you can increase the CTR, then you can afford to lower CPC's on keywords.  You might find you can get the same number of clicks from position 6 that you used to get from position 4.

2.  Look for keywords that are currently getting lowest CPC's.  Look at the average positions, if they are low you can increase the bids slightly to increase position.

The way I like to look at is, my overall CPC will decrease if I can get more clicks below the account CPC average.  

Another tip I always like to check is:

Impression share & that your ads are set to show in accelerated format.

If there are gaps here, easy win is to lower the bids even further.  This is the best way to balance the available budget with optimum CPC. 

Re: Need Help In CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your nice information.