AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Single keyword return for our website when using Google's keyword planner - your landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our website is www.chameleon-online.net and the current site has been live for 2 years. 

If I enter our url into the Google's keyword planner the only single Keyword (by relevance) that appears is photography in sheffield. This is not reflective of our website keywords?

So to test this, we have uploaded the same site to a different url www.chameleoncc.net and when this is tested the same way it delivers 754 keyword suggestions.

Can anybody explain why this is occurring? We don’t have any penalties within our webmaster tools but we are aware of our website being effected by this as the rankings are much lower than we would expect.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Single keyword return for our website when using Google's keyword planner - your landing page

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello, Astrid, that is a really interesting investigation, I've just performed a test for my website http://uawc.agency/ and keyword planner returned only one keyword - AdWords PPC.

My Russian version returned more 663 keywords. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I would say that your site doesn't contain anywhere near as much content as our website does, but that should not be an issue. I believe if this is happening with Google, then you cannot be obtaining fair ranking results for your website. We've noticed this and carried out many tests, the GKP being one of them and it is real - but on a different url (we've tried 2 by the way) it returns over 700 keywords - its frustrating but, try speaking to Google - they never ever call you back - their service in the UK is reducing fast.