AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Simple offline call and conversion tracking?

N/A
# 1
N/A

I know there is all kinds of complicated ways to track calls etc but how can I simply go into my account and tag a click that resulted in a call? I only get several calls per day so I do know that when i'm on the phone the last person that clicked on that ad is the person who called. Is it possible? For example, I have one click and one call so far today, I want to tag it as a conversion. then if it goes all the way to a sale then I want to tag it as an all the way conversion.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Simple offline call and conversion tracking?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Google recently released Offline Conversion Tracking:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en-AU

It is in the direction of your query, although perhaps more complicated than you would like.

For your purposes, if it were me, I'd be recording the conversions by hand in my own spreadsheet or simple database.

N/A
# 3
N/A
Thanks Rob,

Yes I will probably do this in a manual way. There could be some way in analytics to do it thou? If I am adding a query string, will research it more from the Analytics side. Perhaps I could manually hit a URL or something

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You can add an annotation in Analytics if you want to do this manually... but as Rob suggests a simple spreadsheet might suffice.

However, you say there are some complicated ways to track calls - there are also some very simple ones and I would suggest you look at these options as they will do exactly what you're looking for.